Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Bosch garden shredder

On 16/04/2019 05:58, wrote:
By way of an update, the shredder is now operational again.

The model is an ATX 2200 rapid.

Ah, ok slightly different beast, the "rapid" are more your conventional
shredders than the "quiet" ones. So brushes to worry about, but no
starting / run caps.

I took off the back cover, for access
to the switches and I also removed the motor, from the front. There
was nothing obviously wrong on exam by eye. After a bit of poking
around, including poking the motor brushes and spring mechanism, I
tested the unit again and bingo- normal operation.

So, no satisfaction in terms of identifying and fixing a specific
fault, but the end result is good. My best guess is that one or other
of the motor brushes had become sticky and was making minimal
contact. Next most probable cause is one of the switches that I
removed and fiddled with for a while, before re-fitting.

Could just be a bit of crud in a switch... I had a vacuum cleaner switch
do that (admittedly after many hours of use for collecting dust from a
router!)

--
Cheers,

John.