Betsy

Default wax free toilet seal - experiences?

I disagree.

I just experienced for the second time a failure of the wax ring at the base
of the toilet.

Both times I was plunging like crazy (low flow toilet woes) and the seal
ruptured. This caused a flood of crappy water through the ceiling and
walls. You don't want to go there!

I too bought one but couldn't use it because it was for 3" pipe and HD
didn't have the 4". But I'll look for that one in the future, now that I
know it exists.

wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 21:02:17 GMT, AAB wrote:

Found a alternative to wax seals at home depot that seems to be designed
to meet my needs -- looking to see if anyone has had good/bad
experiences with this.

From the manufacturers web site:
http://www.fernco.com/fts.html

This appears to meet my needs because I am raising the floor 5/8" and
this states "seals on raised floors, wood, tile, linoleum, and carpet"
and "no need for flange risers or stacked wax rings".

Thanks in advance!
Alan

Wax rings (even stacked) are cheap and proven. No alternative is needed.

They
are preying on your insecurities.

BB