Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Clifford Heath Clifford Heath is offline

Default Analog - Digital TV question

On 16/4/19 2:50 pm, wrote:
On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 20:48:37 -0500, amdx wrote:
Not all amplified computer speakers are crap, I have a set made by
Altec Lansing that consists of a sub woofer and two satellite speakers,
that does a fine job.

Altec Lansing is some of the tops in electronics.

They used to be where you come from (the 1970s). In the 1990s they also
made mass-market computer speakers, which do sound pretty good, but are
no comparison to their audiophile stuff. I have a revamped pair of their
"Eight" speakers, with the piezo and mid drivers replaced by modern
Kevlar units, and they sound fantastic.

But I imagine you paid dearly for those speakers.

I bought three sets of their computer speakers for the family, and still
use one. I recall them being about $AU120 per set. They made even
bigger, better ones too, my son bought a set, internally multi-amp'ed.

Clifford Heath.