Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Terrell Michael Terrell is offline

Default Analog - Digital TV question

On Monday, April 15, 2019 at 10:58:45 PM UTC-4, Paul Drahn wrote:

But there are still low power analog TV stations still on the air, or
were on the air. One here in Central Oregon. All religious broadcasting.

Do they transmit in stereo? Most LPTV stations operate on a shoestring, and adding the extra equipment for stereo wasn't cheap. The ones that I've seen recorded programs from Satellite, to video tape or a hard drive for later playback. What coverage are do they have with under 500W, and typically a tower under 100'?

The only station I worked at that was BTSC was a 5 MW EIRP
site with a 1700' tower that covered about 1/3 of Florida and occasionally received reports of being picked up in Texas during high sunspot cycles.

I have already stated that a few LPTV stations still exist, but many became sub channels after the conversion to digital.