HA HA Budys Here

Default Converting a Real stucco with stacked stone to a brick front

From: "Art"

As some one in the construction business of sorts (an architect) I wanted to
give you something to consider.

As I'm sure you know, brick is supposed to be tied to the studs of a house.
After they frame a house and put up the sheathing, they usually (at least in
my area) cover the house with tyvac or some other brand paper.

Have you ever seen them mark the position of the studs as they put up the
paper? I've never seen it once. Never. So how the heck can the masons be
putting the brick ties into the studs. Answer..... they don't unless they
randomly hit one once in a while. Basically all these brick veneered houses
are not being built properly and its a crime, in my opinion.

I don't think it's supposed to be tied into the actual studs - they usually
just nail the ties to the sheathing. Whe weight of the bricks is supposed to be
carried by the foundation lip.