Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Spare tyres and maximum speed limits

On 15/04/2019 15:26, Roger Hayter wrote:
NY wrote:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
idual.net...
On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 12:06:32 +0100, NY wrote:

Changing a wheel is a skill that doesn't seem to be taught to drivers
nowadays.

Most people don't have the basic knowledge of how a nut and spanner
works let alone use a jack in the right place or centralise each
nut/bolt and tighten evenly in an "across center" pattern. Possibly
the biggest reason is they'd get their hands dirty.

Yes, it's not "cool" to be mechanically proficient any more.

It's the give up at the first sign of trouble/still breast fed generation.

I actually had a trolley jack when I got my puncture. The trouble is it
does not fit under the car with a completely flat tyre. It took me 30
seconds to find something to drive onto to lift the car and fit the jack
under it.

--
Adam