Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bartram[_2_] Chris Bartram[_2_] is offline

Default Spare tyres and maximum speed limits

On 14/04/2019 19:16, ARW wrote:
On 14/04/2019 18:48, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 14/04/2019 15:44, ARW wrote:
On 13/04/2019 17:17, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 13/04/2019 06:53, ARW wrote:
On 12/04/2019 22:42, dennis@home wrote:
On 12/04/2019 21:54, ARW wrote:
On 12/04/2019 21:14, Tim+ wrote:
On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 8:49:08 PM UTC+1, ARW wrote:

That follows my experience. The Fabia I had was 14 months old when I
got it, and the spare was unused, and as I said elsewhere, identical
to the other 4 tyres, just on a steel wheel.

It has been suggested (by a bloke in the pub) that the wheel nuts are
different for alloy and steel wheels.

That certainly is a thing- bolts for alloys can be different lengths
and have a different shoulder, but I've been told the steel spare
wheels will have a hole shaped to suit the bolts that come with the
alloys, assuming the alloys are OE- and anyway, I presume your van has
all steels (or was this not your van?)

It's not my works van. It's my car (Skoda Octavia estate) that I bought
this Christmas.

Ah, so there's a Skoda theme here :-)