Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 06:31:32 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Which one is the rim width then Rod?

Irrelevant

What could be more irrelevant than your idiotic trolling on these groups,
you abnormal 85-year-old senile pest?

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spare tyres and maximum speed limits

On 13/04/2019 17:19, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 13/04/2019 08:48, John Rumm wrote:
On 12/04/2019 20:49, ARW wrote:
Got a flat. A simple swap, but the spare has 50MPH stickers on it.

So why would the spare wheel have a maximum speed limit of 50MPH on
it when it has the same sized tyre on it as the flat one? The only
difference I can see is that the spare is not an alloy wheel.

Perhaps some versions ship with a space saver, and the sticker gets
"fitted" regardless of what actual tyre / wheel you get. The speed
rating letter on the tyre will give you the actual answer.

^^^^^ This, I reckon.

Another possibility is a range of possible tyres for the car.

Some models within a range come with larger wheels and wider tyres (the
rolling diameter is often quite different and presumably the speedo is
calibrated appropriately).

Often those with the larger, wider tyres have a smaller spare that is
the same size as those on lesser models in the range and so they would
need to be speed limited.

It may be that they stick 50mph stickers on all the spares, as they
don't know which model they will end up as spares for?

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/2019 10:14, Scion wrote:
On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 20:49:07 +0100, ARW wrote:

Got a flat. A simple swap, but the spare has 50MPH stickers on it.

So why would the spare wheel have a maximum speed limit of 50MPH on it
when it has the same sized tyre on it as the flat one? The only
difference I can see is that the spare is not an alloy wheel.

Run-flat tyres are limited to 50mph if they're punctured, but it wouldn't
make sense to have a run-flat spare.

I also can't see it as penny-pinching by the manufacturer - a special
lightweight tyre is surely more expensive than the standard one.

If the tyre is the original-supplied one, perhaps it is a lightweight one
and the manufacturer needed to shave off a kilo or two to get the car into
a lower tax band.

Then they'd just supply it without a spare and make it an optional extra.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 06:20:50 +1000, Jac Brown, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

Oh - and the load rating, being presumably a van?

No its not

Trying to climax again, you ridiculous auto-contradicting senile asshole?
BG

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 07:04:09 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

My manual says nothing about that.

Check closely, I'm sure it says that you are a senile asshole!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/2019 23:29, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Steve Walker
wrote:

On 13/04/2019 11:42, NY wrote:
"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
Nothing wrong with that. How often d'ye need a spare wheel, these days.
Last time I needed one was in Whitstable in 2014. Time before that was
probably in 1984 or so.

So, yes, a spare tyre is essential.

Indeed.

And I don't recall saying it wasn't essential. What I said was that a
*full*-*size* spare is not essential.

It's pretty damned essential when you are on a long journey, at night,
towing a trailer, heavily loaded and involving a ferry - the lower speed
and limited distance permitted for a space-saver would prevent you
getting to the ferry in the first place.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 13/04/2019 08:12, Robin wrote:
On 12/04/2019 20:49, ARW wrote:
Got a flat. A simple swap, but the spare has 50MPH stickers on it.

So why would the spare wheel have a maximum speed limit of 50MPH on it
when it has the same sized tyre on it as the flat one? The only
difference I can see is that the spare is not an alloy wheel.

FTAOD what is the speed rating on the tyre - that is, the letter at the
end of the code on the sidewall rather than the sticker?Â* (I've never
seen an "F" rating on a car tyre but then I've not seen a lot.)

The ones on the car are 1H, 1T and 2Vs. The spare is a T.

All are 195/65/15 and they are all are asymmetrical.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

On 13/04/2019 11:42, NY wrote:
"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
Nothing wrong with that. How often d'ye need a spare wheel, these
days.
Last time I needed one was in Whitstable in 2014. Time before that was
probably in 1984 or so.

So, yes, a spare tyre is essential.

Indeed.

And I don't recall saying it wasn't essential. What I said was that a
*full*-*size* spare is not essential.

It's pretty damned essential when you are on a long journey, at night,
towing a trailer, heavily loaded and involving a ferry - the lower speed
and limited distance permitted for a space-saver would prevent you
getting to the ferry in the first place.

That's just reminded me to get a proper wheel brace. Gf spun her car on
the A64 and popped the back tyre on the central reservation kerb[1]. The
wheel brace snapped when I tried to use it so I had to call the AA.

[1] Two other cars did the same thing within the next 3 minutes. One of
them ploughing right into the central reservation where 20 seconds
earlier I had just removed the kids who had got out of the second car.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 13/04/2019 11:42, NY wrote:
"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
Nothing wrong with that. How often d'ye need a spare wheel, these
days.
Last time I needed one was in Whitstable in 2014. Time before that
was
probably in 1984 or so.

So, yes, a spare tyre is essential.

Indeed.

And I don't recall saying it wasn't essential. What I said was that a
*full*-*size* spare is not essential.

It's pretty damned essential when you are on a long journey, at night,
towing a trailer, heavily loaded and involving a ferry - the lower
speed and limited distance permitted for a space-saver would prevent
you getting to the ferry in the first place.

That's just reminded me to get a proper wheel brace.

I bought one of those extending ones for my kit-car. They make it very
easy to undo even very tight wheel-nuts. As I don't use the kit-car
often, it actually resides in my daily use car, as it has a double ended
socket and fits my trailer wheel-nuts. I just transfer it temporarily if
I ma using the kit-car.

Gf spun her car on
the A64 and popped the back tyre on the central reservation kerb[1]. The
wheel brace snapped when I tried to use it so I had to call the AA.

I've only had a spider type wheel brace snap, when the central weld gave
way.

[1] Two other cars did the same thing within the next 3 minutes. One of
them ploughing right into the central reservation where 20 seconds
earlier I had just removed the kids who had got out of the second car.

Good move on your part.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

On 13/04/2019 11:42, NY wrote:
[...]

I suspect that is was a diesel spillage to blame. The police just said
it was speed to blame and were only interested in a breath test. Three
cars doing about 40MPH do not suddenly leave the carriageway at the same
spot in less than 5 minutes do they unless there is something wrong with
the road?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 12 April 2019 22:28:07 UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
ARW wrote:
On 12/04/2019 21:14, Tim+ wrote:
On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 8:49:08 PM UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Got a flat. A simple swap, but the spare has 50MPH stickers on it.

So why would the spare wheel have a maximum speed limit of 50MPH on it
when it has the same sized tyre on it as the flat one? The only
difference I can see is that the spare is not an alloy wheel.

It's a space saver. Narrower width, smaller diameter and maybe even
thinner carcase. Although it may not be obvious, it IS
lighter/thinner/weaker than a *real* spare tyre

Having a problem with the words "same sized tyre"?

The tyres on the car and the spare all say 195/65R15.

Is it the same weight? There has to be a reason for the 50mph sticker. If
the size is the same then that only leaves weight/thickness or possibly
speed rating as the remaining option. Have you checked the speed rating on
the tyre wall?

No doubt just penny pinching by the car makers.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

I have the same. On querying it with the garage, they told me that they use the same spares on all cars in the range and it wouldn't be the same size for a higher spec car. Basically told me not to worry.

Jonathan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/04/2019 14:28, Steve Walker wrote:
snip

I bought one of those extending ones for my kit-car. They make it very
easy to undo even very tight wheel-nuts.

I'll second that - although in my case it's now more than ever a matter
of "They make it possible to undo /most/ cars' wheel nuts..."

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 13/04/2019 11:42, NY wrote:
[...]

Diesel, ice or a large quantity of water is all that springs to mind.

We have a bridge taking a road over a railway near here. The bridge has
been declared weak, but neither the council nor Network Rail will pay to
repair/upgrade it and so it has had a 7.5T weight limit placed on it
(rather silly as it has always provided the diversion route for buses
when one of the two main roads are closed for roadworks and the last
time it meant the local secondary schools having no buses to and from them!)

To "enforce" the limit, width restrictions were put on both sides. The
first cold weather resulted in a whole series of crashes, as the width
restrictions prevented the gritters getting through and vehicles coming
over the steep bridge simply slid down the ice on the far side and
straight into a garden wall where the road bends.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2019 20:49, ARW wrote:
[...]

That wouldn't apply for my Fabia, as I'm pretty sure no other model used
the (quite wide, low profile) same size on a 16" wheel, but I do reckon
they just whack the stickers on them all.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 13/04/2019 17:17, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 13/04/2019 06:53, ARW wrote:
On 12/04/2019 22:42, dennis@home wrote:
On 12/04/2019 21:54, ARW wrote:
On 12/04/2019 21:14, Tim+ wrote:
On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 8:49:08 PM UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Got a flat. A simple swap, but the spare has 50MPH stickers on it.

So why would the spare wheel have a maximum speed limit of 50MPH
on it
when it has the same sized tyre on it as the flat one? The only
difference I can see is that the spare is not an alloy wheel.

It's a space saver. Narrower width, smaller diameter and maybe even
thinner carcase. Although it may not be obvious, it IS
lighter/thinner/weaker than a *real* spare tyre

Having a problem with the words "same sized tyre"?

The tyres on the car and the spare all say 195/65R15.

Do they have the same load capability?

Has someone put a replacement tyre on the space savers rim and is it
the correct size for the tyre?

I would say, judging by the condition of the spare and the
accessories, that it has never been touched until yesterday.

That follows my experience. The Fabia I had was 14 months old when I got
it, and the spare was unused, and as I said elsewhere, identical to the
other 4 tyres, just on a steel wheel.

It has been suggested (by a bloke in the pub) that the wheel nuts are
different for alloy and steel wheels.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

It has been suggested (by a bloke in the pub) that the wheel nuts are
different for alloy and steel wheels.

My last two cars have/had alloys, but a steel spacesaver spare... the
spare doesn't come with a different set of lug bolts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 15:44:24 +0100, ARW
wrote:

Snip

It has been suggested (by a bloke in the pub) that the wheel nuts are
different for alloy and steel wheels.

This is I believe to be true ... and may well be why a steel rim with
alloy style nuts/studs is speed limited.

Avpx

--
By and large, the only skill the alchemists of Ankh-Morpork had discovered
so far was the ability to turn gold into less gold.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2019 20:49, ARW wrote:
Got a flat. A simple swap, but the spare has 50MPH stickers on it.

So why would the spare wheel have a maximum speed limit of 50MPH on
it when it has the same sized tyre on it as the flat one? The only
difference I can see is that the spare is not an alloy wheel.

FTAOD what is the speed rating on the tyre - that is, the letter at
the end of the code on the sidewall rather than the sticker?Â* (I've
never seen an "F" rating on a car tyre but then I've not seen a lot.)

The ones on the car are 1H, 1T and 2Vs. The spare is a T.

All are 195/65/15 and they are all are asymmetrical.

Odd - or, rather, /not/ an odd spare.

Only other thought I can offer is a variation on John's "we sticker
space savers and others". It'd make sense to sticker them if they
supply the same spare both for cars with the same size (like yours) and
for other models with different in tyre and/or wheel. But I can't
recall what make/model it is.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2019 20:49, ARW wrote:
Got a flat. A simple swap, but the spare has 50MPH stickers on it.

So why would the spare wheel have a maximum speed limit of 50MPH on it
when it has the same sized tyre on it as the flat one? The only
difference I can see is that the spare is not an alloy wheel.

FTAOD what is the speed rating on the tyre - that is, the letter at the
end of the code on the sidewall rather than the sticker? (I've never
seen an "F" rating on a car tyre but then I've not seen a lot.)

The ones on the car are 1H, 1T and 2Vs. The spare is a T.

All are 195/65/15 and they are all are asymmetrical.

The asymmetrical will be the reason for the stickers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2019 21:54, ARW wrote:
On 12/04/2019 21:14, Tim+ wrote:
[...]

That certainly is a thing- bolts for alloys can be different lengths and
have a different shoulder, but I've been told the steel spare wheels
will have a hole shaped to suit the bolts that come with the alloys,
assuming the alloys are OE- and anyway, I presume your van has all
steels (or was this not your van?)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 13/04/2019 11:42, NY wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I'd never voluntarily be without one now.

As I don't use the kit-car often, it actually resides in my daily use car,
as it has a double ended socket and fits my trailer wheel-nuts.

Same here with the trailer.

I just transfer it temporarily if I ma using the kit-car.

Gf spun her car on the A64 and popped the back tyre on the central
reservation kerb[1]. The wheel brace snapped when I tried to use it so I
had to call the AA.

I've only had a spider type wheel brace snap, when the central weld gave
way.

Why are they called spider type ? I had to look that up.

[1] Two other cars did the same thing within the next 3 minutes. One of
them ploughing right into the central reservation where 20 seconds
earlier I had just removed the kids who had got out of the second car.

Good move on your part.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 03:44:06 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FTAOD what is the speed rating on the tyre - that is, the letter at the
end of the code on the sidewall rather than the sticker? (I've never
seen an "F" rating on a car tyre but then I've not seen a lot.)

The ones on the car are 1H, 1T and 2Vs. The spare is a T.

All are 195/65/15 and they are all are asymmetrical.

The asymmetrical will be the reason for the stickers.

Nobody in Australia talking to you at 03:44 am ...or at any other time of
the day, you obnoxious senile pest?

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 12/04/2019 21:54, ARW wrote:
On 12/04/2019 21:14, Tim+ wrote:
[...]

It's not my works van. It's my car (Skoda Octavia estate) that I bought
this Christmas.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2019 21:54, ARW wrote:
On 12/04/2019 21:14, Tim+ wrote:
[...]

Not always, but mostly.

https://www.google.com/search?q=whee...st eel+wheels

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

On 13/04/2019 11:42, NY wrote:
[...]

Is your email valid?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW wrote:
It has been suggested (by a bloke in the pub) that the wheel nuts are
different for alloy and steel wheels.

Could be. Alloys normally have a flat face. Steel, often a taper.

--
*Broken pencils are pointless.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 03:51:00 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

I bought one of those extending ones for my kit-car. They make it very
easy to undo even very tight wheel-nuts.

Yeah, I'd never voluntarily be without one now.

Unlike your neighbours (and everyone who knows you) who GLADLY would be
without you, you abnormal cantankerous senile pest!

--
Senile Rot about himself:
"I was involved in the design of a computer OS"

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

In article ,
ARW wrote:
It has been suggested (by a bloke in the pub) that the wheel nuts are
different for alloy and steel wheels.

Could be. Alloys normally have a flat face. Steel, often a taper.

As we can forget space saving (it's a full sized tyre) then the only
other options are

1. The spare has a smaller rim. That would make no sense as it is a
full sized tyre.

https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/c...rim-size-chart

2. Tyre bolts (as per your suggestion)

3. The sticker is just there.

4 And not related to the puncture. Does anyone on this Newsgroup know
how to correctly speak the word Skoda? (the S on Skoda has a small Caron
above it)

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 7:53:05 PM UTC+1, ARW wrote:
In article ,
ARW wrote:
It has been suggested (by a bloke in the pub) that the wheel nuts are
different for alloy and steel wheels.

Could be. Alloys normally have a flat face. Steel, often a taper.

As we can forget space saving (it's a full sized tyre) then the only
other options are

1. The spare has a smaller rim. That would make no sense as it is a
full sized tyre.

https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/c...rim-size-chart

2. Tyre bolts (as per your suggestion)

3. The sticker is just there.

4 And not related to the puncture. Does anyone on this Newsgroup know
how to correctly speak the word Skoda? (the S on Skoda has a small Caron
above it)

Yes. Imagine how Sean Connery would say it. That's the way. (Same as in "Sean" as it happens). ;-)

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
In article ,
ARW wrote:
It has been suggested (by a bloke in the pub) that the wheel nuts are
different for alloy and steel wheels.

Could be. Alloys normally have a flat face. Steel, often a taper.

As we can forget space saving (it's a full sized tyre) then the only other
options are

1. The spare has a smaller rim. That would make no sense as it is a full
sized tyre.

https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/c...rim-size-chart

2. Tyre bolts (as per your suggestion)

3. The sticker is just there.

4 And not related to the puncture. Does anyone on this Newsgroup know how
to correctly speak the word Skoda? (the S on Skoda has a small Caron above
it)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0koda_Auto
Å*KODA AUTO (Czech pronunciation: [ˈʃkoda] (About this soundlisten)),

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

Does anyone on this Newsgroup know how to correctly speak the word
Skoda? (the S on Skoda has a small Caron above it)

https://youtu.be/qq25oXlZoLY
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2019 21:54, ARW wrote:
On 12/04/2019 21:14, Tim+ wrote:
[...]

Last Xmas shurely?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 05:06:08 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

As we can forget space saving (it's a full sized tyre) then the only other
options are

1. The spare has a smaller rim. That would make no sense as it is a full
sized tyre.

https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/c...rim-size-chart

2. Tyre bolts (as per your suggestion)

3. The sticker is just there.

4 And not related to the puncture. Does anyone on this Newsgroup know how
to correctly speak the word Skoda? (the S on Skoda has a small Caron above
it)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0koda_Auto
Å*KODA AUTO (Czech pronunciation: [ˈʃkoda] (About this soundlisten)),

You REALLY got nothing in your abnormal senile life (with ALL your "vast
accumulated net worth" LOL) other than what goes on here, eh, poor lonely
senile Rot? LMAO

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/04/2019 14:46, ARW wrote:

I suspect that is was a diesel spillage to blame. The police just said
it was speed to blame and were only interested in a breath test. Three
cars doing about 40MPH do not suddenly leave the carriageway at the same
spot in less than 5 minutes do they unless there is something wrong with
the road?

We left the road on a gentle uphill bend a few years ago. I've driven
that road for many years, I know it well, and we were not going any
faster than normal. Thankfully, the sideways swipe on the kerb meant we
were kept out of the wall.

Just across the pavement was an oil filter and a few other bits and
pieces from what appeared to be an earlier heavy accident. With the
light in the right direction, we could see there was also a faint oil
sheen on the road.

A letter to the council, accompanied by a couple of photographs of the
road surface and the debris, got us a couple of new alloys to replace
those that had hit the kerb and been badly marked up, along with a
suspension geometry check and an admission that they had cleaned up from
an earlier accident but hadn't done it well enough.

You might want to have a go at claiming for a new tyre...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 13/04/2019 11:42, NY wrote:
[...]

Yes. Only just got round to my emails and replied - I've been finishing
of my hall ceiling replacement, so haven't checked them 'til now.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/2019 20:19, Andrew wrote:
On 12/04/2019 20:49, ARW wrote:

New tyres should always be 'run in' and limited to about
50 mph anyway, so the chances are this spare will never
have been used on the road and could be mixed on the same
axle with a part-worn tyre with different wet road
grip, hence the speed warning on the spare.

I guess the manufacturer is just covering their legal
ass if a crash happens.

Is there anyone in the world who actually does that?

Not doubting the recommendation - but I've never been told it

--
Email does not work
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2019 20:49, ARW wrote:
[...]

Another model may use a different size on, say, a 17" wheel and use your
size with a 16" wheel as the spare. It then becomes simpler to mark all
spares with the reduced speed limit, so they don't have to be careful
which car they end up with during production or if they supply later.

I know for my car (Zafira B) that some models use 17" or 18" wheels, but
only carry a 16" spare, which would require marking and I think that all
the 16" steel spare wheels come with a 50mph marking and it is probably
true of any vauxhall with the same spare wheel. As mine uses 16" wheels
all round, the limit would not actually be required.

Mine came without a spare, so I bought the carrier and a second-hand,
matching alloy wheel and had a new tyre fitted - so if I need to use the
spare, I can carry on my journey as normal, get the tyre
repaired/replaced as soon as possible and then just put it back in the
carrier without rushing to change again.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2019 21:54, ARW wrote:
On 12/04/2019 21:14, Tim+ wrote:
On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 8:49:08 PM UTC+1, ARW wrote:

That follows my experience. The Fabia I had was 14 months old when I
got it, and the spare was unused, and as I said elsewhere, identical
to the other 4 tyres, just on a steel wheel.

It has been suggested (by a bloke in the pub) that the wheel nuts are
different for alloy and steel wheels.

That certainly is a thing- bolts for alloys can be different lengths
and have a different shoulder, but I've been told the steel spare
wheels will have a hole shaped to suit the bolts that come with the
alloys, assuming the alloys are OE- and anyway, I presume your van has
all steels (or was this not your van?)

It's not my works van. It's my car (Skoda Octavia estate) that I bought
this Christmas.

Ah, so there's a Skoda theme here :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 12:06:32 +0100, NY wrote:

Changing a wheel is a skill that doesn't seem to be taught to drivers
nowadays.

Most people don't have the basic knowledge of how a nut and spanner
works let alone use a jack in the right place or centralise each
nut/bolt and tighten evenly in an "across center" pattern. Possibly
the biggest reason is they'd get their hands dirty.

- once the nut has turned half a turn, raise the wheel and undo it the
rest of the way by hand; at this stage, check again beforehand to make
absolutely certain that the handbrake is on and the car is in gear -
it's embarrassing if the car rolls off the jack.

As for method, yes, but loosen *all* the bolts/nuts half a turn on
the required wheel before jacking the car up. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.

ATTN: Rod Speed - speed limits in Australia Rod Speed UK diy 21 May 21st 17 06:52 PM
Rod Speed - speed limits in Australia Brian Gaff UK diy 2 May 21st 17 11:15 AM
speed limits fred[_8_] UK diy 19 January 18th 13 09:37 AM
Does the police hassle drivers for driving below speed limits Pete C. Metalworking 18 February 28th 10 01:38 AM
Forced Hot Water Heating System: What Temp Limits,, And What Should Pressure Be At Limits ? m Ransley Home Repair 1 September 21st 04 10:17 PM