Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spare tyres and maximum speed limits

On 13/04/2019 20:19, Andrew wrote:
On 12/04/2019 20:49, ARW wrote:

New tyres should always be 'run in' and limited to about
50 mph anyway, so the chances are this spare will never
have been used on the road and could be mixed on the same
axle with a part-worn tyre with different wet road
grip, hence the speed warning on the spare.

I guess the manufacturer is just covering their legal
ass if a crash happens.

Is there anyone in the world who actually does that?

Not doubting the recommendation - but I've never been told it

--
Email does not work