Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Spare tyres and maximum speed limits

On 14/04/2019 13:36, ARW wrote:
On 13/04/2019 08:12, Robin wrote:
On 12/04/2019 20:49, ARW wrote:
Got a flat. A simple swap, but the spare has 50MPH stickers on it.

So why would the spare wheel have a maximum speed limit of 50MPH on
it when it has the same sized tyre on it as the flat one? The only
difference I can see is that the spare is not an alloy wheel.

FTAOD what is the speed rating on the tyre - that is, the letter at
the end of the code on the sidewall rather than the sticker?Â* (I've
never seen an "F" rating on a car tyre but then I've not seen a lot.)

The ones on the car are 1H, 1T and 2Vs. The spare is a T.

All are 195/65/15 and they are all are asymmetrical.

Odd - or, rather, /not/ an odd spare.

Only other thought I can offer is a variation on John's "we sticker
space savers and others". It'd make sense to sticker them if they
supply the same spare both for cars with the same size (like yours) and
for other models with different in tyre and/or wheel. But I can't
recall what make/model it is.

--
Robin