Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default G9 Bulb Replacement Qs

In article ,
Brian Reay wrote:
On 14/04/2019 14:57, TheChief wrote:
Hi all

I have a light fitting in the hall which I am quite happy with.
The down side is that bulbs keep failing.
It takes push in G9 clear 40w bulbs which are housed in frosted
glass "shades" 38mm inside dia.

The questions a

Would LED equivalents be more robust/last longer?
I prefer brighter light these days - can LEDs produce decent white
light?
Which suppliers are recommended for quality?

We've some similar fittings- 5 I think- each takes 2 x 40W G9 Quartz
bulbs.

I've tried several LED bulbs which, supposedly, have the same output
(lumens) and found them totally unsatisfactory. Price doesn't seem to
make a difference.

Quite. LED quoted light outputs seem to be measured with a different meter
to halogen.

Now, I've just stocked up on G9 bulbs.

Our fittings are large enough that I could strip out the holders and fit
another type, which I have considered. (We like the fittings.)

--
*Remember: First you pillage, then you burn.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.