Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default G9 Bulb Replacement Qs

On 14/04/2019 14:57, TheChief wrote:
Hi all

I have a light fitting in the hall which I am quite happy with.
The down side is that bulbs keep failing.
It takes push in G9 clear 40w bulbs which are housed in frosted
glass "shades" 38mm inside dia.

The questions a

Would LED equivalents be more robust/last longer?
I prefer brighter light these days - can LEDs produce decent white
light?
Which suppliers are recommended for quality?

We've some similar fittings- 5 I think- each takes 2 x 40W G9 Quartz
bulbs.

I've tried several LED bulbs which, supposedly, have the same output
(lumens) and found them totally unsatisfactory. Price doesn't seem to
make a difference.

Now, I've just stocked up on G9 bulbs.

Our fittings are large enough that I could strip out the holders and fit
another type, which I have considered. (We like the fittings.)

--
Always smile when walking, you never know where there is a camera ;-)

Remarkable Coincidences:
The Stock Market Crashes of 1929 and 2008 happened on the same
date in October. In Oct 1907, a run on the Knickerbocker Trust
Company led to the Great Depression.