Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spare tyres and maximum speed limits

On 13/04/2019 23:29, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Steve Walker
wrote:

On 13/04/2019 11:42, NY wrote:
"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
Nothing wrong with that. How often d'ye need a spare wheel, these days.
Last time I needed one was in Whitstable in 2014. Time before that was
probably in 1984 or so.

So, yes, a spare tyre is essential.

Indeed.

And I don't recall saying it wasn't essential. What I said was that a
*full*-*size* spare is not essential.

It's pretty damned essential when you are on a long journey, at night,
towing a trailer, heavily loaded and involving a ferry - the lower speed
and limited distance permitted for a space-saver would prevent you
getting to the ferry in the first place.

SteveW