Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Police detectors to warn mobile phone-using drivers (UK)

Mark Lloyd wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Thats a lie too. Most drivers using a phone while driving
are no more distracted than when talking to a passenger

That's not true.

Easy to claim.

1. You're in the same place, not (mentally) in some other place where that
other person is.

In my case I am normally talking to my mate in his
car when I am in my car and we are both driving
up and down the street trying to work out which of
the houses the garage/yard sale will actually be at.

They mostly dont list their street number to
avoid someone showing up the day before etc.

2. The passenger sees what you see and can know when to be quiet.

Yes, but that is hardly ever reality and the law allows
you to use the phone hands free so the law clearly
doesnt consider that that is an important factor.