Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Land Rover discovery 2 td5 three amigos

On 13/04/2019 18:57, Cynic wrote:
my 2003 td5 discovery 2 has developed the three amigos problem.
I've been through the various chief culprits as expounded on you tube and landy groups i.e. wheel sensors, shuttle valve switch, shuttle valve switch internal connector plug bypass without success. Having interrogated the abs with a plug in diagnostic box it tells me there is a reference earth fault.
I googled the 3 amigos and whilst the landygroups mention it bitterly no one seems to have gone deeper than sensors or switch connections.
I'm hoping someone here has had the same problem and can suggest where the earth reference point would be connected before I make a journey to the local reference library in the hope they have a detailed service manual.

I've never looked for Landies, but eBay is a good source of pirated full
service manuals on CD, for a pretty nominal price.