Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Police detectors to warn mobile phone-using drivers (UK)

wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 16:04:06 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 20:26:43 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 04/12/2019 11:03 AM, wrote:
How about the data dumps the car does? These days that link is being
used for a lot more than just phone calls and texts. I was reading an
article in one of my electronic trade rags that says we ain't seen
nothing yet. The protocol is in place for virtually constant
communication between cars and all sorts of things, feeding real time
information to and from your on board computers.

I swear my next new (to me) car will be a 1960 Valiant. I understand the
225 ci slant six pretty well.

My 97 Honda has the perfect amount of electronics.
The ABS controller, fuel injection and an MP3 player.

Only for a luddite dinosaur. Its useful to have a decent
OBD2 system that tells you when a sensor has failed
so you can just replace it with a high certainty of being
the fault etc. And handy for all but luddite dinosaurs
to have Apple Carplay and Google Auto so that its
easy to have your phone use the main dash screen
and handy to have a decent dash screen so you can
see the various stuff that you want to have it show too.

Handy to have full 360 cameras for parking instead
of farting around with external mirrors for that and
to make it much easier to see see where the corners
are when parking, particularly with the modern small
cars which slope the front down so fast that even
a tall person cant see any of it when sitting in the
drivers seat. And to have those cameras act as
dashcams all around when the car is moving
and as surveillance cameras when its parked too.
And to be a reversing camera so you don't run
over little kids when backing etc.

The VW Golf even has a fancy system which helps
with reversing a small trailer when none of the trailer is
visible out the back window, particularly when its empty.

And a decent cruise controls which keeps a specified
distance from the car in front and which allows you
to specify that distance by speed so that it still works
when inching forward in a traffic jam and when tearing
along the freeway etc.

Also handy to keep track of fuel consumption and
the fuel level so you can see at a glance how far you
can go till you need to fill again and ideally show you
the petrol stations in front of you that you can make
it to and the price they are selling petrol for too.

Some of us just know how to drive.

Got nothing to do with know how to drive you pathetic excuse for a bull****
artist.