Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Land Rover discovery 2 td5 three amigos

On 13/04/2019 19:19, Cynic wrote:
Interesting thought but I think the brake switch might only operate
the brake lights.

Not on freelander., Another terminal that cancels cruise control and I
think switches on ABS

Very easy to renove and test.

And very cheap to replace.

Trouble with my particular model it's got too many
complications for what should be a workhorse. From what I've gleaned
so far the abs valve block contains two microswitches in series which
operate when fluid pressure is applied. The two n.o. switches have
internal shunt resistors so no pressure yields 4k ohms, one or both
switches operating yields 2 or 1 k and this is connected to a unit
hidden within the car that also reads wheel rotation speed and
calculates which brake cylinder to preferentially apply fluid
pressure to. The reference earth I'm guessing relates to the state of
the valve block pressure switches but how it measures seems to be the
crux of the matter.

its shoes.