Art

Default tool for prying old grout out?

A pro recommended to me using a utility knife.

"peter" wrote in message
I find that the easiest way to remove old grout from my countertop is to
force a thin metal blade under the grout at an angle, and then pry

upwards.
At the widest grout line, this tool could be a small cheap screwdriver. At
the narrowest grout line (the grout lines are not constant width), the
screwdriver won't fit. I tried using a tool from a lock-pick set. It works
except this tool is not strong enough for this purpose, so it starts to
bend. Here's a photo of the tool:

http://www.airpistol.co.uk/images/mpxs-08.gif (first tool on the left,

next
to the pouch)

Can anyone think of similar tool that would fit into 1/32 grout line and

is
strong? The commercial grout blade sold at home depot are way too thick to
even fit into the grout lines. For this reason, I also cannot use dremel
tool.