Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Police detectors to warn mobile phone-using drivers (UK)

On 4/13/2019 6:10 AM, Bod wrote:

Drivers using cell phones are as distracted as drunk drivers.

Thats a lie too. Most drivers using a phone while driving
are no more distracted than when talking to a passenger and
are much less distracted than with unruly brats in the car.

They are distracted if they are holding the phone to their ear, which

is what this action is designed to detect.
One of the problems is that people like Rod Speed believe what they want

to and not what has been proven true.

There is a huge difference between talking on the phone and talking to a
passenger. The phone takes a bigger chunk of your attention and you are
less likely to stop talking if a traffic situation needs your immediate
attention.

It always the other guy, I know what I'm doing!