Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default TIG brazing

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 10:37:59 -0700, Paul Drahn
wrote:

WE bought new a 1963 valiant 170. Great engine and transmission. The
rest was a real POS! Dealer never could get the water leaks into the
trunk fixed. We gave up. Wife did a 180 on a wet highway during a panic
stop. Door windows fell down into the doors because the keepers on the
pins were made of card board! Discovered the 180 cause when I changed
the brake shoes. Ones on one side of the car were 1/2 wider than the
other side! Happy to get rid of it!

Paul

Perhaps the Canadian built Valiants were better than the Americans.
I had mine up untill the '71 models came out, when I replaced it with
a '69 Dart. Other than the rust issues that were typical of the
period, regardless of manufacturer it was fine (other than it being
NASTY to change points on, and the propensity for the exhaust manifold
to crack) I had a bit of trouble getting points that didn't float at
6500RPM, and getting the plug heat range right so plugs didn't burn
off in under 3000 miles, but neither of those were the manufacturer's
fault. That little devil would GO!!!!!