Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tip permit!

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 11:40:46 +0100, NY wrote:

Frequently the layout of places misses basic common sense facts,

like
not everyone can reverse a trailer into a parking bay.

I can reverse it fortunately, but that becomes impossible if the

load
is low and I can't then see it at all unless its already turned

far out
of line.

Oh good, not being able to see the trailer is a reason for not being
able to reverse it. I've tried to reverse mine and have ended up
almost jack knifed. Can't see the trailer at all until it's gone too
far.

I know the theory and can reverse a flatbed trolley moderately
successfully but trailer is likely to end up not good.

I've seen people come in towing trailers, unhitch the trailer and
trundle it into the space resting on the jockey wheel,

Pragmatic, no point in faffing about cocking up a reverse when it'd
be far quicker to unhitch and push.

I pity the arctic drivers that deliver to our local Co-op. Not only
is there only just enough space to swing the cab around, they have to
get close, less and 12", to a wall higher than ten trailer as the
donkey is maneuvering has a steady slope up, a few feet adjacent to
the wall is flat but further away also slopes up. Meaning the rear
top offside corner of the trailer is somewhat closer to the wall than
the trailers rear wheels, until the trailer is almost parallel to the
wall.

--
Cheers
Dave.