Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tip permit!

On 12/04/2019 10:24, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 09:39:55 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

One busy day, I had one have a right go at me for having my trailer
stick a couple of feet into the walkway, narrowing it to about 3 feet -
he just couldn't accept that if I'd stopped any further forward, no
vehicle would have been able to pass the front of my car and the whole
place would have simply locked solid and that I'd chosen the better of
two options.

Best to call their bluff, get back in and say where do you want me to
park? When it all clogs up take the time to expalin to the drivers
that are obstructed that you had left room but where told to park how
you are by the site operative. Of course all this friendly chat with
other drivers means your not unloading...

I have been know to act like that on some occassions, but I don't really
like to cause trouble for innocent people.

Also compalin about the layout to the council and site operator
(probably a private company).

I did do and yes, it is a private company.

Frequently the layout of places misses
basic common sense facts, like not everyone can reverse a trailer
into a parking bay.

I can reverse it fortunately, but that becomes impossible if the load is
low and I can't then see it at all unless its already turned far out of
line. I will get around to welding at least one and possibly two tubes
on at some point, specifically to hold corner marker poles.

SteveW