Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default TIG brazing

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 16:45:33 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 16:14:05 -0400
Clare Snyder wrote:

snip
I have also had several manifolds repaired by tigging with stainless -
and have not had any of the repairs fail.

I have repaired a lot of exhaust PIPES with brazing as well - and only
repairs farther back than about 3 feet from the manifold have proven
reliable

Thanks for the heads up. Unless there isn't another way or I know for
sure that the manifold runs cool (unlikely), I'll steer clear of a
brazing repair for such

A TIG would be really nice but I can't quite justify buying one at this
point in my life...

Me either but 2 good friends have them available for me.