Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tip permit!

On 11/04/2019 16:13, Andy Burns wrote:
R D S wrote:

A 25k bag of plasterboard? I've to break it into ####ing bits?

Round here it costs £3 to dispose of a 1.8mx0.9m sheet of plasterboard,
that only costs £5.50 to buy in B&Q ... alternatively you crumble it up
and sneak it into the wheelie bin over a few weeks.

Sadly the reason they have imposed this restriction on plasterboard is
to stop it going into general waste, although it has had exactly the
opposite effect. My lot you have to dispose of it by being weighed in
and out over a weighbridge shared with laden skips on beat-waste trucks.

Apparently in the reducing environment of a refuse tip the sulphate gets
reduced to hydrogen sulphide and has been causing them problems.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown