Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default Windscreen and dashboard suckers

In article 57367fb4-0ba0-43e3-a90b-
, says...

I've got a mobile phone holder from a brand called Osomount which uses a strange sticky material that will stick to almost anything but certainly a "grained" dashboard.

When it ceases to stick you wash it under plain water and it becomes sticky again - I'm very impressed with it. I've seen sheets of this sticky stuff on Ebay but goodness knows what they're called - I found this link though

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal...frcectupt=true

you could try a sheet of that between your sucker and the dashboard

It obviously works for the phone by providing a dimpled grippy
surface for the phone to l;ay on but it wouldn't work with a
suction clamp because of the dimples and the SatNav on its own
would be pointing at the roof!

No good for the dashcam, either, because the windscreen slopes
the wrong way - that's not an anti-gravity device!

--

Terry

---
https://www.avg.com