Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Windscreen and dashboard suckers

On 10/04/2019 13:19, Terry Casey wrote:
In article ,
lid says...

Do you just place the sucker on the screen and move the lever? I found
my dashcam fell off after a few days if I did that. It lasted at least a
couple of months if I pushed the sucker onto the screen as hard as
possible, and /then/ moved the lever to lock it in position.

No. First I give the sucker a generous licking to give it a
better seal, then force firmly onto the screen, then move the
lever to create the vacuum

I've got a small 'sucker' clock, primed with spittle, which has remained
stuck to the tiles above my cooker hob for a couple of years, despite
levering the clock part out to change the time and replace the battery
every three months. Priming it with water from the tap results in its
falling off within hours.

I've also used spit to clean a mark on my tablet screen which withstood
ordinary cleaning agents.

--
Max Demian