Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Other Mike[_3_] The Other Mike[_3_] is offline

Default Windscreen and dashboard suckers

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 13:57:47 +0100, Terry Casey wrote:

I have a Dashcam on the windscreen and a SatNav on a smooth
plastic plate on the dashboard.

Both are held in place by suckers, as is usual.

However, they both have a tendency, particularly in hot
weather, it seems to me, to lose their 'suck' and fall off at
inopertune moments.

I was wondering if some kind of grease or oil on the sucker,
instead of the usual saliva, would provide a permanent
(ideally) solution or, at least, a longer life than at
present.

Any ideas?

Double sided VHB tape from 3M. Similar to what some manufacturers use to attach
the rear view mirror to the screen.