Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Windscreen and dashboard suckers

On 09/04/2019 21:35, Jeff Layman wrote:
Do you just place the sucker on the screen and move the lever? I found
my dashcam fell off after a few days if I did that. It lasted at least a
couple of months if I pushed the sucker onto the screen as hard as
possible, and /then/ moved the lever to lock it in position.

Absolutely the latter. Or the first hot day and goodnight Vienna so to
speak.

Glass/rubber will seal a vacuum for years - think kilner jars. Its a
matter of getting a good vacuum to start with which is cleaning and
degreasing the windscreen, pushing down hard and then moving the sucker
lever.

--
"Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and
higher education positively fortifies it."

- Stephen Vizinczey