Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Windscreen and dashboard suckers

On 09/04/2019 13:57, Terry Casey wrote:

I have a Dashcam on the windscreen and a SatNav on a smooth
plastic plate on the dashboard.

Both are held in place by suckers, as is usual.

However, they both have a tendency, particularly in hot
weather, it seems to me, to lose their 'suck' and fall off at
inopertune moments.

I was wondering if some kind of grease or oil on the sucker,
instead of the usual saliva, would provide a permanent
(ideally) solution or, at least, a longer life than at
present.

Any ideas?

I know that back in the'70s, my dad used a Retrovisor (see
http://www.mycaravan.org.uk/Images/G...Retrovisor.jpg for an
example). It was held to the car by suckers (to the roof rather than the
glass) and ISTR was far firmer with a smear of gelatine on the suckers.

SteveW