Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Masonary Paint Removal

So now we all wonder what was wrong with his 'organ'

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
On Tuesday, 15 June 2010 14:18:08 UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Need to repaint the outside of the house, the old masonary paint is
flaking off, though some bits are still sound. Manually scraping or
wire brushing two windowless, 8m wide, two storey gable ends and
another 10m wall doesn't appeal...

I'm thinking that a compressed air driven needle gun is the way to go
but not sure how vicious (or not) such a device is. The substrate is
stone and the pointing may well need looking at and chasing out in
places before repainting.

So is the needle gun a good idea or is there something better out
there?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Hi Dave,
Don't know if you'll pick this up. This is spooky. With a name like that
you could be same Dave Liquorice who came to fix my organ in Devon in
2014? If you are, Hi.
Anyway, I hope you succeeded with your masonry paint! Just for the record,
I had a similar problem and used an electric needle gun I hired from
Speedy tool hire. It worked well, but was slow and hard work.

Cheers
John