Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default Windscreen and dashboard suckers

In article ,
says...

Get a vent clip for the phone. Added advantage is it won't sit in your
eyeline (unlike some of the morons I see who manage to put their device
directly in front of them on the windscreen). I found this one excellent

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GUBPXGS

The phone isn't a problem, it just sits in my shirt pocket as
usual and connects to the car vialuetooth if I need to access
it for any reason (rare)

For the dashcam, investigate a mounting kit that can fix to the mirror. I
used this (not available, but you get the idea).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HPCOIH6

I abhor anything blocking my view through the windscreen and
the very idea of a 5" SatNav dangling from the mirror
horrifies me!

(The dashcam is right at the top of the screen to the left of
and mostly hidden by the mirror)

In any case, the DashCam would be in the distance section of
my varifocal glasses, so wouldn't be a lot of use, anyway!

It currently sits dead centre on top of the dash (Ford Focus),
is below my view through the windscreen and needs only the
briefest of glances if necessary.

Anything that requires glass suction is a non starter. It *will* fall off
when you least expect it which is also when it's most inconvenient.

As I know very well, which why I was asking for suggestions as
to how the seal might be improved to stop/slow the speed at
which the vacuum is lost.

--

Terry

---