Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Planing Across The Grain, Just To Prevent Snipe

On Sunday, April 7, 2019 at 1:11:11 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 4/7/2019 9:31 AM, Jack wrote:
On 4/6/2019 11:58 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/6/2019 9:33 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, April 6, 2019 at 9:29:08 AM UTC-4, Jack wrote:
On 4/1/2019 10:03 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/29/2019 7:05 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I'm still trying to learn things about my planer....

I need to plane some poplar down by no more than 1/32". However, the
boards
are already cut to length and have tenons on the ends. (Don't ask)

I really want to avoid any snipe on these boards so I'm thinking of
using
the Sacrificial Board technique. Here's my idea:

Cut a groove in the sacrificial board, insert the tenons in the
groove, and
run it all through the planer.Â* With the setup shown below, I can
easily run
4 boards through at one time. (I'm only showing 2 in this example) My
only
concern is that the sacrificial board(s) will be planed cross grain.