Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default How to install fence over a step-up in perimeter wall?

wrote in message
Hi,
I'm planning to install vinyl fence in my backyard.
Something like this type:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Veranda-...4878,1251,6178

I've already installed metal posts at 8ft on center, embedded into my
concrete wall. I will slip a vinyl post over each post, trim height of
metal post as needed, and probably fill the annular space with concrete.
But, at one panel, I will need to step up because the concrete wall steps
up. Photo shows it he

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5izmSkwQMg445cUA7

How do people usually deal with this?

The usual way is to have a separate panel at each
of the two levels and to have a post between them.

Is there a way to modify the fence panel?

Not that looks very good.

Maybe install an ADDITIONAL lower horizontal rail, and raise this rail up
while
trimming the bottom of the vertical slats, all to accommodate the step-up
?

Problem with that approach is that there is nothing to
attach the two ends of the bottom rails to at the step.