Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] millinghill@yahoo.com is offline

Default How to install fence over a step-up in perimeter wall?

Hi,
I'm planning to install vinyl fence in my backyard.
Something like this type:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Veranda-...4878,1251,6178

I've already installed metal posts at 8ft on center, embedded into my concrete wall. I will slip a vinyl post over each post, trim height of metal post as needed, and probably fill the annular space with concrete. But, at one panel, I will need to step up because the concrete wall steps up. Photo shows it he

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5izmSkwQMg445cUA7

How do people usually deal with this? Is there a way to modify the fence panel? Maybe install an ADDITIONAL lower horizontal rail, and raise this rail up while trimming the bottom of the vertical slats, all to accommodate the step-up ?

Advice appreciated.
Thanks!
Theodore