Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Quinetic switch review

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
On 06/04/19 16:30, Andy Bennet wrote:
On 06/04/2019 14:31, Jeff Layman wrote:

Can't see the powered switch receiver lasting 50 years.

Nor will I, unless life expectancy suddenly increases to 120, so I'm not
concerned.

But I wonder how well they are made? When testing had ended, and it was
confirmed they worked ok, the electrician nailed the wiring to the joists
with cable clips. With each blow of the hammer the lights flashed. That's
not too surprising considering that the receiver uses a relay to switch
the lights on. Are relays cheaper than triacs?

Nope, but last longer usually with that sort of use.