Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 'Like a Ferrari, you don't need it' - New Zealanders set to turn in guns

On Sat, 6 Apr 2019 14:02:01 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 04/05/2019 09:50 PM, wrote:
These days Hornady and some others have bullets that put that talon to
shame. It is mostly about retaining expansion capability after
penetrating windshields and drywall tho. (the FBI protocol)

One of those was featured this month in Guns & Ammo. It is sintered
copper with a nose that looks like a fluted reamer. Ugly, if nothing else.

Give the Brady Bunch time. They had their shorts in a bunch about the
Five-Seven, particularly after Hasan went jihadi with one. It was the
fault of the ammo of course and not a homicidal Muslim.

There are lots of high performance bullets out there these days. It
was pretty much a Super Vel or some kind of Keith hollow point when I
started reloading a half century or more ago. My stuff has been packed
away since I moved to Florida and don't have a range in the house.