Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Lounge with no windows

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 05/04/2019 12:56, tim... wrote:

"mm0fmf" wrote in message
On 04/04/2019 12:46, Tricky Dicky wrote:

it has massive "picture" windows

You are my late mother AICMFP!

She was the only person I knew who ever called such windows "picture
windows". Were she not well dead she'd be 100 this year. Thank you for
bringing her back to life for a moment :-)

I used the term for mine only yesterday

what else should I call them?

"Windows"

I don't know why large windows became so popular in the 50s and 60s when
electric light was available and people rarely had double glazing (unless
they stuck polythene sheeting to the inside).

Basically makes the room a lot lighter during the day.

And some of us did passive solar that way.

They went smaller later and people stuck fake leading on.

Few went that way.

And people fitted fake panelled doors made of MDF (or whatever). Barry
Bucknell must have spun in his grave:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Bucknell#Criticism