Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default 'Like a Ferrari, you don't need it' - New Zealanders set to turnin guns

On 4/5/2019 11:28 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 5 Apr 2019 20:24:39 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 4/5/2019 6:10 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 05 Apr 2019 16:59:41 -0300, Shadow wrote:

On Fri, 05 Apr 2019 14:30:38 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 5 Apr 2019 18:58:28 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Or a semi auto either. There isnt a lot of game that charges the
individual shooting at them so they need a semi auto to survive.

In the case of birds, you may want to shoot more than one.

Not with a semi-auto or even an auto rifle. A double barrel or
pump action shotgun would be more adequate. Unless you're a really bad
shot.
[]'s

I shot plenty of skeet in a league with about 100 other shooters. The
most popular gun by far was a semi auto (usually a Remington 1100) and
only a few people had doubles, even fewer with pumps.
Recoil is a big part of it. After a few boxes of shells that solid
action will start getting to you. If you shoot 100 rounds in an
evening you might really start to appreciate that SA if you are a
small guy or a woman.
I still liked my O/U Daly tho.

I have a Remington 1100 and have shot many feather and furred critters
with it. Most recently just used mostly on deer and I have doubled many
times. Shot trap and skeet with it but got a Remington 870 for trap as
if shell at my club hit the ground you were not allowed to keep it and I
reloaded them.

They used to say that at our club too but if you were only picking up
your own nobody complained. I never got into reloading shotgun. I was
buying Winchester AAs for a little more than it cost to reload them
but I was buying them a pallet at a time. It took two 1/2 ton trucks
to haul them away. I was buying for the whole league, at least those
who didn't reload and could front up $50 a case (20 boxes in those
days) for them. The reloaders were always clamoring for my once fired
AA hulls tho. With an O/U it was easy to just hand them to them.

I reload everything. I even cast and reloaded Lyman slugs for shotgun
hunting.