Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default 'Like a Ferrari, you don't need it' - New Zealanders set to turnin guns

On 4/5/2019 10:11 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/05/2019 12:43 PM, Frank wrote:
On 4/4/2019 9:51 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 4/4/2019 7:58 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 18:08:01 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

It would be as easy to make a bolt action into a "blowback" machine
gun as most semi autos that were not first designed as machine guns.

Â*Â* Now that would take a Real Machinist ! I have a small machine shop
and I know where to get the plans to make a couple of different arms
into full autos . But that $250,000 fine and ten years in prison is a
pretty good deterrent . Especially since I don't have any arms that
can
be easily converted - and have less than zero need for one . I
prefer to
do my work with bolt actions at a slightly longer distance ... Rock
chucks at 400 meters anyone ?

I prefer just a six shot revolver.Â* It goes bang every time and won't
jam with brass at ejection.

My choice barks over her and bites over yonder. This is mean hand gun
I got.

Â*Â* I bet it ain't any meaner than a TC Contender with a 14" bull
barrel chambered in .30 Herrett . And wearing a 4X TC RP scope ...
With the right load that one grouped under 1/2" at 50 yards . And a
125 gr soft point leaving the muzzle at 2100+ FPS had more energy at
50 yards than a .44 mag w/240 gr has at the muzzle .

One of my sons has a 500 S&W.Â* He thinks its just neat to have.Â* I've
been trying to get him to the range to shoot it.Â* He also has a Desert
Eagle 50AE.Â* I have shot it and recoil is very manageable because the
gun is so heavy.Â* I would only shoot it once though as the ejected case
hit me in the forehead.

I have a .50 AE case that I found on my desk. I amuse myself by dropping
a .45 ACP round into it. I don't think I really want to shoot one. But
then, I'm a wuss. I load down .357 to lukewarm .38 Special performance.
I don't need any flinch inducing stuff until I seriously need it.

I download my stuff too for plinking. Also makes it a lot easier to
clean the gun when lead bullets are used. No longer reload .38 special
for .357 as head space in cylinder leads up and is hard to clean.

I have rubber grips on my revolvers and wear gloves as wooden grips
which might look great can add to perceived recoil as well as chew up
your hands.