Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default It's that time again.

On Fri, 5 Apr 2019 01:08:48 +0000 (UTC), Martin Gregorie
wrote:

On Thu, 04 Apr 2019 14:10:41 -0700, Ron D. wrote:

.PDF is named for Portable Document Format, but it needs a free reader
from www.adobe.com.

Or you can try XPDF, free from https://www.xpdfreader.com/

I use the 64 bit Linux version, but it has versions for 32 bit and 64 bit
Windows. Its a free open source program.

Many years ago, I got tired of dealing with Adobe Acrobat bugs, hangs
and crashes. So, I switched to PDF-Xchange (free version):
https://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer
which works nicely and does most of what I need. One very useful
feature is the built in OCR reader, which will convert a
non-searchable PDF into one that can be searched.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D