Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Planing Across The Grain, Just To Prevent Snipe

On Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 3:17:35 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 3/31/2019 11:25 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

You were from your POV, I was from mine...

Yes, POV certainly matters. So does actual physical limitations and the
balance between working wood and the rest of day-to-day life.

if it were me, I'd make the room...

Marie Antoinette is famous for uttering the phrase "Qu'ils mangent de la
brioche", essentially "Let them eat cake." This is often attributed to the
supposition that she had a poor understanding of the peasants' situation.
From my POV, your "I'd make the room" comment sounds a lot like "Let them
eat cake."

Long diatribe elided for brevity...

Nothing at all meant more than simply it is my particular POV and I'd
put a shed in the back yard if needed or pick another hobby.

Really? How about just living without a jointer?

We all have choices to make; it's your decision as to what you want more.