Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Getting a damaged screw out

On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 14:11:53 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 3/30/2019 12:49 AM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 19:12:56 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 3/29/2019 4:54 PM, Jac Brown wrote:

No its not stripped,...
So drill it out and try a screw extractor...or, as somebody else already
said, make the drill as large as the hole it's in and you'll have
essentially nothing left that can't just collapse and pull out...

You are all overthinking it. Drill the head off, punch the screw
body through, and remove the clip. Insertion does NOT require turning
the screw and with the head drilled off you can poke the screw through
with a small punch or even an awl.

* Have you not yet figured out he doesn't really want a solution ? He's
shot down at least half a dozen ideas that would work , he just wants to
troll the group . Did you catch the post where he posted as Rod Speed ,
one of his other nyms ?

No I didn't catch that But I was beginning to think he was a stubborn
dumb cuss.