Posted to alt.home.repair
Jac Brown Jac Brown is offline

Default Getting a damaged screw out

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
On 3/30/2019 12:49 AM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 19:12:56 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 3/29/2019 4:54 PM, Jac Brown wrote:

No its not stripped,...
So drill it out and try a screw extractor...or, as somebody else already
said, make the drill as large as the hole it's in and you'll have
essentially nothing left that can't just collapse and pull out...

You are all overthinking it. Drill the head off, punch the screw
body through, and remove the clip. Insertion does NOT require turning
the screw and with the head drilled off you can poke the screw through
with a small punch or even an awl.

Have you not yet figured out he doesn't really want a solution ? He's shot
down at least half a dozen ideas that would work ,

No they wouldnt and I have said that two of them will work,
using an extractor and drilling the entire screw out.

he just wants to troll the group .

There you go, face down in the mud, as always.

When I get around to it I will post a photo with it out.
Like I said in the original, it isnt urgent, its just the
windscreen washer bottle behind that panel that
needs some attention.