Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Recommendations for a storage shed kit?

On 03/27/2019 11:02 AM, Jac Brown wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 03/26/2019 10:47 PM, Jac Brown wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 03/26/2019 01:21 PM, TimR wrote:
Do you have enough room to do a tilt up? (need wall height and a
little more in all directions)

What are you tilting up?

Concrete walls poured locally.

that sounds like a 'hold my beer and watch this' moment.

Most of the single story commercial building is done that way
here, by people paid quite a bit more than the minimum wage.
A few houses too.

I've never seen it. I'm not arguing, just saying I haven't seen the
technique.

http://tiltup.com/

"Tilt-up construction allows general contractors to build a wide range
of commercial buildings more quickly and with lower construction costs
than what is typical for traditional masonry construction projects.
Texas, California and Florida are currently the most popular states for
tilt-up concrete construction. In northern states with more severe
winter climates, Precast concrete buildings are more popular."

That explains a lot since I've lived my life in the north, but I haven't
seen precast around here either.

https://slate.com/business/2018/03/t...-go-wrong.html

Few bugs to work out for bridge construction, I guess. In one of my
freshman classes at college they showed a film of the Tacoma Narrows
bridge as an object lesson in how not to do it.