Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Recommendations for a storage shed kit?

On 03/25/2019 10:30 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 21:07:53 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Can anyone recommend a quality storage shed kit?
Looking for something around 9ftx16ft.
I don't want to build from scratch because I think it would take too long to make all the cuts and get all the parts. I wouldn't mind putting together a kit , but have read some horror stories on reviews of kits delivered with significant damage, missing parts, badly warped wood, etc.
All advice appreciated.
Regards,
Theodore

If I was building a "normal" storage shed today I'd be looking REAL
CLOSE at the resin sheds like Royal, Suncast, Rubbermaid, Lifetime,
etc.

I've got a resin shed and it's held together good except from one freak
microburst that disassembled it. I put it back together with some
sturdier fasteners at key points.

I also have one of the sheet metal variety in Arizona that's held up for
close to thirty years. If you get one of those, have a helper on hand
and pick a still day. They're rugged enough when they are assembled. I
put mine together on New Years day. My friend had a major hangover and
the wind picks up after sunrise in Arizona. Wasn't fun. A power
screwdriver would be good too.