Posted to uk.d-i-y
Billy[_11_] Billy[_11_] is offline

Default Cordless combi drill/impact driver

Tricky Dicky wrote:
A hammer action drill and impact driver work in a completely different way. Hammer action produces vibrations in the longitudinal axis of the drill whilst an impact driver produces vibrations in the rotary axis. I am not aware that any of the major manufacturers produce such a beast but I may be wrong. It sounds like a bit of a mash up and because you preceded your description with the word "cheap" I am inclined to think it probably is. Nevertheless post a link I would be interested to see such a device.

Thank you and everyone else who replied.

An excellant response. I had indeed misunderstood the impact mechanism
of an impact driver.

I suspect you are also correct about it being a mash up. Anyway, it
seems clear that it is not a feature I should worry about.

Link as requested.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Titan-Cordless-Li-Ion-Batteries-TTI699COM/dp/B01MXERPVA