RichardS

Default Forthcoming Building Regulations on electrical work (Part P)

"Alan James" wrote in message

"RichardS" noaccess@invalid wrote in message
.. .

(2) prevented me from being able to get a long board cut down at one of

the
sheds so that it would fit in the car. They wouldn't lend me one of

their
saws, and wouldn't even let me cut it in the car park if I bought a

cheap
saw.

How were they going to manage that? Bigger saw? More saws? I don't
believe there would be enough hands in the shed. Couldn't you relocate

the next store's parking area? And if the worst came to the worst it

would
still need to be cut down to fit in the police car. Otherwise no

evidence.

Alan

perhaps I wasn't too clear in that sentence.

Couple of years ago bought a long board. got out to car park, discovered
couldn't fit it in car.

went back in store...
Me: "Is there anyone that can cut this down for me?" Them: "no -
insurance and health & safety".
Me: "can I borrow a saw and cut it myself?" Them: "no - insurance and
health & safety".
Me: "ok, I'll buy a cheap saw and cut it myself in the car park." Them:
"no - insurance and health & safety".
Me: "here's the board back. I'll have a refund please."

quite frankly the officious person that I was arguing with would have
probably followed me out if I'd bought a saw. However, I wasn't about to
waste time, expense and effort in finding out at the time.

cheers
Richard

--
Richard Sampson