Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Confirm, old fuel

On 23/03/2019 07:48, Andrew wrote:
On 22/03/2019 22:05, wrote:
On Friday, 22 March 2019 21:53:08 UTC, Vir CampestrisÂ* wrote:
On 22/03/2019 17:59, ss wrote:

I have some old fuel (approx 1 x litre) in a can.
To avoid the hassle of going to a recycle place would I be ok to shove
it my petrol car when I have a full tank.
The litre is possibly 2 stroke mix as it has a reddish tinge, its
leftovers from a small generator.

I'd prefer to feed it to a lawnmower or such rather than my car.

Andy

+1 fwiw

Neighbour has just spent 3 hours trying to start his petrol
lawnmower (4-stroke briggs & stratton) after he forgot to
drain out the tank last autumn.

Ive started lawnmower up to 2 yeras in stoirage same fuel. Likewas
motorhome.

Not optimal, but works

Or tip ina few liters of fresh

--
€śIt is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established
authorities are wrong.€ť

ۥ Voltaire, The Age of Louis XIV