Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Nuisance caller attempts increasing again

On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 16:31:42 +0000, Mark
wrote:

On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 16:19:33 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk
wrote:

[snip]

But where do you draw the line between protecting the vulnerable and
letting the rest of us get on with life ?

If you want cold calls then I would not objecr if you want be able to
opt-in to them. I just believe that the majority of us should not be
so afflicted.

Excellent idea. You could even refine the service to allow Jethro to
select whether he wants double glazing, a new energy efficient boiler,
advice about his Internet, unregulated investment schemes etc. The
results could be posted online to assist call centres.