Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nuisance caller attempts increasing again

On 22/03/2019 09:16, Steve Walker wrote:
The point is that in virtually every case, they are calling ON BEHALF OF
a UK based company (there'd be no point in a non-UK company offering to
fit a new kitchen for instance) and the law needs to cover the UK based
company that has contracted the overseas call centre to make the calls
for them.

Unfortunately that doesnt make jack **** of difference.

Renewable UK lies through its teeth and makes false claims and lobbies
the government using false information, on behalf of all its members who
are nearly all UK companies, but it cant be held to account becaus it is
POLITICAL.

Using arms length companies to do dirty deals... is standard practice.

And buying dodgy goods from people you didn't explicitly set up is even
more so

"We bought what we thought was a proper legally obtained mailing list
her honner!"

Plausible deniability.

Once my comany was approached by "Siemens". well they said they were
Siemens, and they were registereed in SWITZERLAND as Siemens Switzerland
- to supply some Cisco routers.

Why I asked my business parmner, didnt they go straight to Cisco?
And who were Siemens, Switzerland anyway?

Then the penny dropped as my S African apartheid experiuence kicked in.
These Ciscos were for someone under US embargo. Iran probably. And their
credentials might fool a little greedy company, but not Cisco. The
company was a deliberate fake setup to facilitate this. Whether uit was
a genuine subsidiary of Siemens as they claimed, or not, I never discovered.

There was no profit in it anyway, so we told them to **** off.

--
"The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow witted
man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest

- Leo Tolstoy